Thursday, January 17, 2013

Just Over 2 Weeks!!!

It's almost time for our 2013 trip to Honduras!

This year I'll be going with Bill, Laronda, Sammy, Billy, Elaine, Mike, Tommy, Emma, David, (not my David), Mac, Phillip, Connie, Judy, Poppa Frank AND my sister, Cleta!!! I'm so excited she is able to go this year!

We leave early on a Sunday morning flying through Miami to Tegucigalpa. Then get in a mini van for a 4 to 5 hour bus ride to Catacamas! I can't wait to see the sweet faces of all our brothers and sisters in Honduras! And the kids, of course.

David's Mom has been busy sewing aprons, this past year. She is sending 50 aprons for the ladies. She is so awesome!!! Thanks, Madelyn!

I'm working on a Bible lesson for the ladies class. The subject is Gossip! 😳 I pray I don't upset anyone, but rather, encourage them and help them to do what God wants us to do. Please pray for me to say what God would have me to.

David and I were on our way home this summer from Cloudcroft, NM and stopped in Artesia to go to church. We visited the Hermosa Drive church of Christ and the lesson that day was -- gossip. It has been on my mind ever since and I know God must have been trying to get my attention by guiding us there. I have been asking everyone to comment as to what your response would be... How do you react when someone wants to share some juicy tidbit. AND, what scripture would you share with the other person?

I'll be sharing more posts and some pictures as we go on our little adventure!!! Please keep us in your prayers as we (and the workers in Honduras) plan, pack, travel... Etc... Please pray for safe travel and good health for everyone. In Him, ch








No comments: